It is really hard for me to believe that Thanksgiving is already here this year. This year has just really flown by!! But, ready or not, it’s here. So, what are you thankful for this year? I wanted to just take a couple of moments and share 5 things that I am especially thankful for this year…
1. The life and salvation I have in Jesus. I am thankful that while I was yet a sinner, Jesus died on the cross so that I could have redemption and hope. I am thankful that He went all the way for me. I am thankful for His willingness to do so. Without this, there would be nothing to be thankful for that has any eternal significance because all else will fade.
2. My beautiful bride and daughter. I am a blessed man because of these two precious gifts that the Father has given me. I am thankful for a wife that loves me and is willing to put up with me for as long as we both shall live. She is incredible and I love doing life with her. I wouldn’t want to do that with anyone else. Emma continues to amaze me. It’s still hard to beleive that she is here and mine! I am thankful that she continues to look more and more like her momma every day! 🙂 I love my girls with all of my heart and pray that God continues to bless and protect them each and every day.
I am also thankful that I got to experience an incredible event just last night with Erin. Not everyone (especially dads) get to experience a child’s first steps, but I got to! After a couple of times, I finally came to the realization that I needed to get it on video! So, here you go…you can experience a little bit of the joy that we did last night…
3. I am thankful for my call and the ministry that God has given me at Westwood. I am thankful for the students that God has placed in my care here. I have the best students in the world! I am thankful for the staff with whom I get to work each day. I feel like I’ve known them for years, even though it’s only been a little over 1. I love what I do and wouldn’t trade it for any other position in the world. I pray that God would keep me here doing what I am doing for a long time. I also ask for His grace to forgive me where I fall short and for His strength to see this ministry live up to the potential it has in Him.
4. My extended family. I am thankful for a mom, dad and brothers who love the Lord and have always pointed me to Him. I miss them all greatly and pray that God would bless them during this season. I am thankful for my wonderful in-laws, whom I would not trade for the world.
5. My friends and church family. Each time I have made a major move in my life, I have always come to the conclusion that I could never make the friendships again that I am leaving. Each time, God has proven me wrong as He has continued to bring incredible people into my life. I love Westwood. It is the highest priviledge to be a member of this body. Erin and I have made the kind of friendships here that one usually does not make in just a year’s time. We love all of you and thank God for you daily. We also love the friends that we have had to leave behind. It was good to see many of you this past week as we visited Greenville. I look forward to seeing one of my very best friends in a few short months as we venture to Louisville, KY. And we miss those of you that we haven’t seen in some time. We miss you and love you, and can’t wait to see you, hopefully very soon!
So, what are you thankful for? I would love to hear about it. Take some time and give me your list of 5 things. Just click the comment button below.